Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Cross My Heart by Avery Maxwell


📚Review Time📚

Cross My Heart
By Avery Maxwell

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
🌶🌶🌶.5
Single Dad
Forced Proximity 
Work Romance
Small Town
Traumatic Past

Whew, this book had me all over the place, but in a good way. Before I get in, please note Trigger Warning. Child abuse, violence, child abandonment, and language.

Now, with that said, this story had me in the heart from the beginning. These main characters, Dex and Lanie, both have traumatic pasts that follow them into the present.  Reading about their experiences had my poor mama heart just aching.

I loved how their characters developed throughout the story. Not to mention, I love all the side characters and banter. The MLM group text had me rolling!! My mama heart loved the bond and relationship Lanie had with kids.  I do feel the explanation of the bully and ex-wife was rather rushed, like build-up was far longer than the climax. But I am glad there was closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Night by Lena Hendrix - ARC

📚ARC Review Time📚 One Night (Sullivan Family, Book 4) By Lena Hendrix ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 🌶🌶🌶🌶 Secret Relationship Rival Families A...