Thursday, December 1, 2022

November Update

 A few months back I shared that I found a note pad with a story that I started in the 1990's (and yes I have to put 19 before 90's as my children kept telling me it's not the 90's yet. **insert eye roll here**). Well after I transcribed the notepad to my laptop, I couldn't get the story and characters out of my head so on the 5th of November I started writing every day to silence the characters in my head. If you didn't know November is National Writers month, there is even an competition you can enter, which I didn't as I decided late to start. 


 

The note pad had right around 20k words, but needed a restructure, badly. So I got to work. As of last night I have just under 80k words in 29 chapters. I still have a few chapters to wrap up the book, but I didn't reach my goal to be finished by Nov 30th. But that's ok, I still consider this a win as I have been making myself come to work every day. 

Needless to say my reading other stories suffered, but I was able to read my ARC's and participate in a couple new release launches. Untying the Knot and 3 Count were the highlight reads of the month and both have made Top 10 for 2022. I will update with what other books I was able to sneak in but for the month of December I will be focusing on finishing my book and working to try and get it polished for publication at the beginning of March. 

I have a few ARC's in December I will be reading, The Target by Lena Hendrix being one of them. Other than that I plan on reading Holiday themed books like Resting Scrooge Face by Meghan Quinn. 

I am also participating in a silent auction for Project NENA. I have donated a set of my other novels signed and all proceeds go to project NENA. If you read Long Way Home by Melissa Grace you will remember that name. It is a nonprofit in Nashville that helps under-served communities in Northeast Nashville. The auction is called A Very Merry Bookish Gala and there are some amazing items that you can bid on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Night by Lena Hendrix - ARC

📚ARC Review Time📚 One Night (Sullivan Family, Book 4) By Lena Hendrix ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 🌶🌶🌶🌶 Secret Relationship Rival Families A...